The categories of information we collect can include:
· Information you provide to us directly. We may collect information, such as your name, phone number, payment information, location information, e-mail address, software code, and other data when you register for or otherwise use the Merico Services. We may also collect any communications between you and Merico and any other information you provide to Merico. By using the Merico Services, you consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
· Data collected through the use of the Merico Services. We collect information about how you use the Merico Services, your actions on the Merico Services, and content you post to the Merico Services, including the groups you belong to, your interaction with others on the Merico Services,and any submissions you import, post, submit, or otherwise make available on the Merico Services(“User Submissions"). Please remember that Merico may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record,and store User Submissions in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property.
· Information we collect from third-party services. When you interact with the Merico Services through various third-party services, including without limitation Facebook, Twitter, and Github,we may receive information from those services that you permit the third-party service to share with Merico. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the third-party service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Merico Services.
· Location Information. When you access the Merico Services, we may – with your permission -access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates(e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Merico Services. Some features of the Merico Services,particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Merico Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications. We may also send you Merico Services-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification,change or updates to features of the Merico Services, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you access or use the Merico Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use the Merico Services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Merico Services, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails,whether you access the Merico Services from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Merico Services. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Merico Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Merico Services; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Merico Services; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on the Merico Services; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance the Merico Services.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Merico Services, as some features and services on the Merico Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not beable to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects - including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website or by clicking here. If you choose to delete Flash objects from the Merico Services, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Merico Services or benefit from the information and services offered.
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
· The public and other members of the Merico Services. Your content you post to public areas of the Merico Services will be viewable by others on the Merico Services and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your Settings (see "Control Over Your Information" below);
· Other users of the Merico Services. We share your information with third parties with whom you interact with on the Merico Services. You control what information you want to share with third parties on the Merico Services;
· Third parties at your request;
· Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include payment processing services, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
· The public when you provide feedback or user content on the Merico Services;
· Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
· Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of the Merico Services; and/or (c)to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Merico, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Profile and Data Sharing Settings. You may update your profile information, such as your user name and profile photo, and may change some of your data sharing preferences on your settings page.
Access to your Device Information. You may control the Merico Services’ access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of communications related to the Merico Services (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Merico Services, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from the Merico Services, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of the Merico Services over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on the Merico Services as well as on other websites or applications, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through the Merico Services or on other websites or applications, including on Facebook. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising,you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices,and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. You may also be able to opt out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app. If you have anyquestions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Merico Services. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Merico does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13)years on the Merico Services. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age,please contact us at email@example.com.
The Merico Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers,and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.